Ferroli Optimax 38HE Fault - Thumping Noise

if you want to know a proper opinion of boilers ask a breakdown engineer not an installer

Oh so cutting, and at Christmas time as well. :p

Of course Ian is right, installers know naff all and are best avoided at all costs.

Sponsored Links
really ? and at one point "Which" no1 boiler was a Ferolli if you want to know a proper opinion of boilers ask a breakdown engineer not an installer and definately not Which

I go and talk to garages when I want to know about vehicle reliability, and I also talk to heating-spares suppliers about boiler reliability, but I also bear in mind that if, for argument sake, Worcester and Vailant have, say, 60% of the market, they could be selling a fair amount of those spares, just through normal wear and tear. Doesn't necessarily mean they break down all the time; they may well be popular makes because of infrequent break downs. So I bear that in mind in any answers I get. Again, just another piece of the jigsaw.

Hard to believe Ferroli was ever No 1 in Which's bolier list (unless it was No 1 in the Don't Buy list?)

Martin

Worcester Bosch boilers are over complicated, and over rated, also over priced in my opinion.

Vaillant, Viessmann, Glow worm, Baxi/Potterton/Main, Worcester Bosch, and Ideal, in my order.

Everyone's been terrific and patient, and it has really helped me crystallize my thoughts. One last question please: I noticed in the blurb on the Worcester CDi range, that it made a point of emphasising that all boilers in this range condense in BOTH central heating mode and DHW mode. Implied in this is that not all condensing boilers condense in both modes. Now, I get the feeling, if that's right, that it actually doesn't make a great deal of difference. And it doesn't seem to give a "quantum leap" to the efficiency figures.

So what's the score? Do some condensing combi boilers generally only condense in one mode, and is dual-mode condensing hardly worth a yawn?

Martin

Sponsored Links
That is the point WB is always good – well presented towards end users, but not impressed by installers, particularly by breakdown engineers.

It has been a nightmare to work with WB greenstar combi series.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back