Ferroli Vs Worcester

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I like the look and comments I have noted on this site regarding the Worcester Condensing Combi Boilers. Seem a bit pricey compared with others, but in life you get what you pay for (usually).

A friend recommends Ferroli. Have seen no comments on this site. Ant users/installers care to enlighten me?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
worcester are far superior to ferrolli in terms of reliability as they are german as opposed to italian (i will only buy german appliances for my home ie washer dishwasher etc

to be honest i don't rate worcester that much. They are a better boiler than a ferrolli which are still ok. I prefer Alpha, to worcester as to reliability and alpha come with 3 year warranty as standard. Vaillant are a better boiler than worcester IMO too. Depends on what you want to spend at the end of the day. You can go and buy a Heatline condensing combi from B& Q for £400 if you want or pay approx £1200 for a viessmann both do the same job but thats about where the comparision ends im afraid.

I got a price for a customer for a vissemannnnnnnn and it was cheaper than the Vaillant.!!! but the new ecotech plus vaillant is very nice. Better than the WB stuff. Has a nice stainless HE where as WB is ali'. The vaillant HE looks almost identical to the new alpha one. Probly made in same place. Alpha Maybe italian but it's made by Europes biggest boiler makers to a british design and has the cyclone feture to trap particles. Which is nice. Don't get a ferroli tho. oh no no no.

Sponsored Links
Heatline hybrid is £425 in B&Q actually!

Its very odd but the Ferroli is very popular in the Midlands but has little penetration elsewhere.

At one time I thought every third boiler was Ferroli in Brum. One reason for their popularity was the very flexible fluing.

They are nearly as reliable as most Italian boilers but they have had considerable unreliability on their brand name PCBs over the last 10 years.

They seem to have dipped in popularity over the last five years.

Their very latest band A boilers do look as good as anything else on the market.

Tony

Agile said:
Heatline hybrid is £425 in B&Q actually!

Its very odd but the Ferroli is very popular in the Midlands but has little penetration elsewhere.

At one time I thought every third boiler was Ferroli in Brum. One reason for their popularity was the very flexible fluing.

They are nearly as reliable as most Italian boilers but they have had considerable unreliability on their brand name PCBs over the last 10 years.

They seem to have dipped in popularity over the last five years.

Their very latest band A boilers do look as good as anything else on the market.

Tony

I was in B & Q on sat looking and in Blackburn they are £399. But not too sure if that comes with the flue for that price.

ChrisRoberts said:
I got a price for a customer for a vissemannnnnnnn and it was cheaper than the Vaillant.!!! but the new ecotech plus vaillant is very nice. Better than the WB stuff. Has a nice stainless HE where as WB is ali'. The vaillant HE looks almost identical to the new alpha one. Probly made in same place. Alpha Maybe italian but it's made by Europes biggest boiler makers to a british design and has the cyclone feture to trap particles. Which is nice. Don't get a ferroli tho. oh no no no.

It depends which viessmann. The vitodens 300 complete with outside temp compensator. cost me approx £1200 2 years ago. It might of been the vitodens 200 he quoted for which is the cheaper viessmann that doesn't have the matrix burner like the 300.

Thank you all for your help.

I can't say if Ferroli are popular in this area, the main concern being the poor performance of our football clubs than what boiler we have. The recommendation came from a friend who works for a plumber in Liverpool.

Go for wb best boilers you can get, get the cdi if you can afford it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back