FERROLLI OPTIMA 701

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi my optima 701 is not providing any hot water or heating when i run a tap or heating it makes a right noise seems to be coming from my pcb think it may be relays had a bloke out thoght it could be fan not running fast enough,but pilot light went out now wont light seems to be no ignition sound although gas is coming through,lit it manually he thinks pcb has gone please help :!:

Sponsored Links
If the pilot will not stay on when the button is released it may need a new thermocouple.

The APS on your model is a bit sensitive and the fan may need cleaning for a start.

The PCB is the last thing to be considered only after everything else has been changed.

Its better to get a boiler engineer rather than just "a bloke".

Tony

it makes a right noise seems to be coming from my pcb

I have had to deal with a spate of these lately.

If you look at the top right hand side of relay on the right you will probably see it is blackened.

I can't guarantee that this is whats wrong here because I cant see it but I have changed at least 5 of these pcbs since the middle of December and every was case as you describe.

Tony's advice
Its better to get a boiler engineer rather than just "a bloke"
Still stands as it could be a problem with the fan thats causing this one on the PCB even though I rarely find it to be the case on these boilers

Sponsored Links
the pilot stays on, would the APS or FAN prevent the pilot lighting in the first place, sounded like the relays on pcb were chattering
cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back