Few pics from my phone.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well silly season finally seems to be coming to an end. Here's some of the things I've seen in my travels all over the country in the last couple of months.

Open circuit CPC.

How to move a light...

Plumbers joist notching :eek:

Fused neutral

Pointless bonding

More pointless bonding

Outside light supply

Henleys

Socket in washing machine shop

A stage we lit

A massive chandelier we hung

Here's where we hung it!

Interesting trunking

Screwed cable

Access to repair screwed cable

Heating JB

Sponsored Links
Interesting pics as always.

My favourite is the joist notching.

Like to see them nail that board back down.

Have seen that done once on a large R80 downlighter - in a loft space - so absolutely no excuse, or no attempt to brace the joists together.

I don't suppose so you got a pic of the ceiling below?!

I suppose the pointless bonding to the tubular heater guard was carried out to satisfy some rule or by some over zealous electrician.

Presumably ther open circuit earth junction box was outdoors, if that branch is anything to go by.

I will tag a couple in from my phone.....

1412540794.jpg

1412540795.jpg

1412541563.jpg

1412541564.jpg

Have had connector blocks disentigrate before, usually in fluorescent modulars.

Is that a PVC flat twin and earth that's cracked? What's the story behind that?

Sponsored Links
At a guess its been run up tight against the choke, and the damage is either just due to being on long hours, every day, for years on end, or the choke had gone pop and destroyed the cable as well

Some quite impressive work there RF!

I especially like your trunking work! ;) :LOL:

At a guess its been run up tight against the choke, and the damage is either just due to being on long hours, every day, for years on end, or the choke had gone pop and destroyed the cable as well

Yea. Twin and E run tight against the choke.

The terminal blocks were in the same cat2 twin fitting. The heat and direct UV kills them quickly.

The pillar is from a caravan park. It looks to have been replaced with new and bodged well. If you notice, there is a 2.5mm armoured taken directly from the 60amp circuit...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back