Fiat Doblo fuel problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for any information on the Fiat Doblo fuel lines and pump. It is a 2001 1.9 diesel van. I have checked for blockages and all seems ok but need to fill up filter by hand. Problems is thast it dies out after 5 miles and i don't understand.

Any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a dirty filter in the fuel line or sucking air from a leak in the fuel system.
Take the supply pipe off at the engine and blow back into the tank to ensure you haven't a partial blockage in the bottom of the tank.

thanks mate but tried that, had the tank off and found bedris in the bottom part off pump cleaned out and blew down lines with compressed air changed filter and still the same have been told it could be a split in the diaphraghm in the pump is this possible. as do not want to spend £200 poound on a pump to find out its not that many thanks.

Get a pump from a good breaker, he will mark it and you can leave it back within a few days if it doesn't do the trick.

The pump may be faulty, they give trouble on other makes, not sure about the Fiat to be honest.

Sponsored Links
Got the same prob with mine!!! on mine its the crank/rpm sensor. ive been told that they are prone. they get warm, expand with the heat, hence why it cuts out after 5-10 mins, and cant do their thing. if you test them they will show as working, but for 20 pound, its a cheap fix.

hope this helps? do you know where they are, as i cant find anything to show where they are.Its not where you would expect

Back