Fix It Again Tony.
Or Italian Cars Made in Turin
Ferraris In A Testbed.

ferraris.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
MG Midget?
Is it stylish? The italians have a flair for it. A midget is perfect for a DIYer to disassemble completely and put back together. I find that appealing. But, I think long term spares are only viable on germans cars.

I had a look and it does look stylish. But there would be no spares. So, it's not a possible option.

Eh? I expect as it being one of the most popular choices for cheap classic motoring I'd expect spares availability to be prolific.

With car jobs like this FIAT I’m trying to help people out that are less fortunate than myself - it certainly isn’t for profit!

A big "thank you" for people like yourself!

In the early days of driving, in a £4.95 an hour job, maintaining the car outside of my developing knowledge was difficult, but a local mechanic (in his early 70s now) once gave me the bill for a timing belt replacement. I winced and prepared to get the credit card out, but he stopped me and said "how much can you afford", I told him and he let me pay that. I even offered to pay in installments but he wouldn't let me.

Meant I could get to work with peace of mind. Never forgot his kindness.

Well, I’ve been changing oil for 55 years and have never needed a manual or torque wrench yet!
No issues so far.
John
I well remember changing the oil in an old Simca when I did odd jobs round a taxi firm's yard. I struggled massively to the great mirth of everyone around me.

Eventually, I was informed the sump plug had a left-hand thread.....

John, a mechanical wizard of your calibre should have no problems welding another nut (doesn't have to be the same thread/dia as the existing sump plug; anything that covers the hole enough would do) onto the sump pan and screw a matching bolt and copper washer into it!

Would this not be a situation where a Helacoil thread repair kit might be deployed? I understand that they are not highly thought of but given the lack of alternatives here, would it not be worth a shot?

Sponsored Links