Fiat Punto heater fan switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The 4 position fan switch in my son's Punto has been sticking in the No 2 position on occasions, then it would just free itself.

However today I was forcing it and it now turns all the way round without changing the speed of the fan, which sems to be stuck in the No 2 position.

Any idea how I can get access to this switch? I can't see any screws on the facia. Is this a common fault?

Sponsored Links
by forcing it its broken

if you cant see screws look for pop off panel strips which hide screws underneath

or possible in feetwells take off panels and get a hand up

Managed to get to it. There is no chance of getting from underneath.

First of all it is easier if the console around the handbrake and gear lever is removed.

Pull the gear lever gaiter up to reveal a couple of cross head screws, remove these.
Pull up the storage well in between the gear lever and handbrake. You will almost certainly break the tabs at the handbrake end. The gear lever end is held with spring clips but there is nothing to pull at this end. Use blu-tak when refitting. Remove the two 10mm nuts underneath.
Take out the rear ash-tray, romove the 10mm nut beneath.
The console should come out, this will give more room to remove the heater control facia:-

Remove the two allen screws from the storage area in front of the cup holders.
Remove the two allen screws, one on either isde of the footwells.
The facia is just held by 4 spring clips at the top just under the hazard button. Grip the facia at the top and pull sharply.
With me, the spring clips were left behind and one got lost.

The heater switch come out easily. Mine had a ball bearing inside that is used to locate in each of the positions and occasionally wouldn't push in to allow it to move. That was the original fault. However when I forced it, the spindle broke, so I need a new switch.

Sponsored Links
Back