fiat punto overheating and electric coolant blower not swit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
fiat
punto
R reg

Hi have a problem with a fiat punto overheating,and doesnt switch on cooling fans and seems to a lot off back pressure back through the coolant bottle.Ihave removed and replaced thermotat (as old one was siezed closed when i tested it with boiled kettle test),i have also cchecked fuses for fan and wiring (ok) and even bridged over fan and it works.Ihave carryed out coolant bleeding 3/4 times but still no luck .any one got any tips !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
can only be the switch thats duff then.
If it's not on the radiator (which it should be being that old) then it's on one of the coolant pipes

sorry to be the party pooper but knowing the punto 1.2 around that age, afraid you are looking at the head gasket gone, not a massive job for someone who knows what they are doing, but that is why the fan doesn't work. compression/air getting into the water system causing build up of pressure and air locks, and that's why the coolant sensor isn't working, it is probably in an air lock and cannot sense the temp of the water. make sure whoever does the head gasket skims the head or the fault will return soon. cheers. kev.

can only be the switch thats duff then.
If it's not on the radiator (which it should be being that old) then it's on one of the coolant pipes

forgot to say with changing thermostat and the checks was the first things i one was change the switch too and temp sensor on back of head to

Sponsored Links
sorry to be the party pooper but knowing the punto 1.2 around that age, afraid you are looking at the head gasket gone, not a massive job for someone who knows what they are doing, but that is why the fan doesn't work. compression/air getting into the water system causing build up of pressure and air locks, and that's why the coolant sensor isn't working, it is probably in an air lock and cannot sense the temp of the water. make sure whoever does the head gasket skims the head or the fault will return soon. cheers. kev.

Kev hi mate looks like its needing to come off ,its abount 1/2 stript now ,job for tomorow i think .as just finnished a vw gti golf for simular fault found water pump impelers had bust of pump ,with it being a bank hols moro and of and great footie games on sky looks like time to get cleaned up to go to the pub !!!! ha ha ha thanks a million for quick reply will keep you posted on what i find mate

Back