fill the hole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to remove the 4xbig old fashioned style spot lights in my kitchen ceiling. Each light is at least 15cm across.

I want to replace these with one single spotlight structure hence eventually I will not want to have 4X15cm holes in the kitchen ceiling.

How do I fill these holes so they are not visable afterwards??

p.s. to add, the ceiling is plasterboard?

ideas?

cheers

Sponsored Links
either fit new ceiling (not good) or put strips of timber up and through the holes (it will have to be strips since it must be small enough to go through the hole) screw from ceiling into new strips (to keep them stable) fill in layers with a good filler, sand and then use same finish as existing ceiling

OR

Put single wood strip longer than hole is in diameter, cut out same size as hole in another piece of plasterboard (not from existing ceiling) fix new "plug" to strip and fill edges (between plug and hole) with filler, sand and finish with same as ceiling is

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back