fill valve nut spanner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is there a dual open spanner for the locking nut and flexit hose connector for cistern fill valve, space for access is very tight, tried an adjustable its to long, what id like ideally is a thin dual open spanner that will fit either nut, i was going to diy box spanners with a grind out.

Sponsored Links
If you have the type of close coupled WC where access to the inlet valve securing nut (usually white plastic) is though a hole in the pan, the only realistic way of removing the inlet valve is to separate the pan from the cistern. If doing so, renew the doughnut washer and close coupling bolts / close coupling kit at the same time.

yea iv thought of that, bit of a pulava as there are three panels above pan, bottom panel to get at the doughnet washer has to be removed, and its a real pain the the proverbial, its supposed to lift off, but it don't and i cannot get my in to see what blocking the bugger, who ever desigend the wc needs there head felt, if remove middle panel, cistern is ever so slightly lower then panel wall...again trying to see, like doing it blind with fingers for eyeballs..

Sponsored Links
Photograph(s) would be useful. General view and inlet valve securing nut.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back