Filler behing plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've put up a new wall that is at about a 20 degree angle to the wall next to it. Because of the angle I can't fix the end of the plasterboard to the frame. Instead, the plasterboard overhangs the frame by about 10cm (the 10cm area havng a triangular gap behind it.)

When i press against this 10cm end of the plasterboard there is some movement. I'm therfore worried that if I get the wall skimmed it will crack if this happens. What I'm basically looking for is a way to fill the triangular gap behind the 10 cm overhang of plasterboard. Could I use one on those 'no more gaps' expanding fillers?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Or you could use some 50x50 galvanised angle (you can buy it from the same place as the board normally) and first fix it to the back of the first board with plasterboard screws, and then put the second board in place and screw it down. That way it will never move! (We use this method in commercial buildings all the time)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back