filling holes in plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

just in the process of filling in some of the wholes left by rawl plugs and the like.
even thought I have filled them and sanded down - the paper from the plasterboard is proud of the surface..
any tips for getting a good finish? if I paint it now there will be tell-tale raise dcircular areas...
I was thinking abou taking a fresh sharp razor blade and cutting the plasterboard paper in a slightly larger diameter around the hole to get rid of a torn edge, and then fill in the new recess - or is there a tried and tested method that the pros use?

Sponsored Links
sounds like ur walls are dry lined and not skimmed!!??

Just shamfer the holes with a sharp blade then fill!

Dont use ready mixed filler

Excuse my ignorance but why are ready-mixed fillers never recommended?

Sponsored Links
I've used the quick dry polycell filler recently and that sands well but the others are terrible.

As far as the mix-yourself fillers go, Gyproc easy fill is good stuff and I hear tetrion is good too but I've yet to use it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back