Filling in a split on wood HELP ASAP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son knocked a picture off the wall on the stairs and it split the wooden piece that attaches to the stairs to the wall, the split is about 9 inches long, what is the best filler for this and what is the best way of touching up the white gloss so it will look flawless. should i put some glue into the split before i start working at it?

Image0129.jpg

Image0130.jpg

Sponsored Links
Are you sure the actual wood is split as opposed to the paint film, it's a little difficult to determine seeing on those pics.

Dec.

The wood is defiantly split as i had to put a screw into one piece of the wood and pull in back up almost flush with the other piece.

Sponsored Links
you could use a fine surface wood filler or a two pack filler which would be even stronger.
Make sure you only fill the crevice and dont apply too much excess which will mean less filling.
once the filler is dry you will need to sand, dust, prime, undercoat and gloss.

mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back