Filling large hole old Victorian house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Advice appreciated please on how to fill these big holes we found when pulling off some old panelling. Will gauze and toupret powder filler on top do it? Already got some toupret and zinsser gardz to start filling the other walls that I’ve stripped the woodchip off.

Would love to be able to hang things on that wall in future but doubt above option will make that possible.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0046.jpeg
    IMG_0046.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0045.jpeg
    IMG_0045.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 31
Sponsored Links
Is it craters where some dummy has ripped out screws or nails?

Is it bricks with the holes in? You can patch with sand and cement mortar (wet the holes first) pressed in very hard and kept damp with a mister for a few days. It will be very strong.

Level it just below the finished plaster level and it just needs a skim to finish.

If it is just damaged plaster it will have no strength anyway, so you can just plaster it. The first coat will probably crack so fill it a bit below finish level first. It looks like it might originally have been lime plaster but the brown part is modern gypsum. Is it damp? It is strangely dark.

Thank you! I should have added it’s an old chimney breast behind it so it’s not brick I think it’s more like concrete?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back