Filling loops

i get the trade save ones out of PTS...

i do think it is silly to put a DCV on the ch side.
i stop caring about seeing the filling loop still being on every one is like that and taking them of is more trouble then it is worth.

Sponsored Links
If I see a filling loop connected I leave it in place, and advise the customer that they should disconnect it.

That way if there's a leak there's no possibility of me being accused of creating it, or of creating a job where there wasn't one.

It's only an issue with new customers - with regular customers it's already been disconnected and the leak fixed. ;)

If her internal stop tap worked, or the one outside wasn't buried by Gas/Electric/cable I'd have TOFO'd...

That just silly BB - you can't stop a mains leak with bean curd. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
:LOL:

No, but you can use broom handles, wellies & ;) rubber mats out of the van

mehran said:
i stop caring about seeing the filling loop still being on every one is like that and taking them of is more trouble then it is worth.

Yes, but your job doesn't involve regulatory inspection/enforcement :D

BoxBasher said:
mehran said:
Yes, but your job doesn't involve regulatory inspection/enforcement :D
Um, but, and to be unusually picky, it was you who asked the following, wasn't it?

Just out of interest - how many of the heating guys on here install filling loops like this?

Yes Softus,

I asked how many installed them like this. I didn't ask how many cared about whether they disconnect ones they see left in-situ by end users.

I was probably being a wee bit defensive (maybe I though someone was accusing me of being a little anal when it comes to regs). ;)

BoxBasher said:
Yes Softus,

I asked how many installed them like this. I didn't ask how many cared about whether they disconnect ones they see left in-situ by end users.
Well, yes, I know, but it was a bit of an odd question, because your preamble had pretty much condemned the practise that you then asked if anyone here used.

I think people were just providing extra information in case it was helpful.

I was probably being a wee bit defensive (maybe I thought someone was accusing me of being a little anal when it comes to regs).
Yes but you are, in the same way that I'm anal about rising damp. It's part of your make-up - part of your charm even. ;)

hows this for a for a filling loop...

yesterday went to fix a leak. the filling loop on the cold side was a washing machine valve with washing machine hose then a radiator valve on the ch to top it off :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back