Filling Plasterboard Joints

hi again all ready for starting tomoz evening after work, Only one thing left to buy... Plaster lol, what do you guys prefer using on boards? board finish or multi finish? Ive never tried board finish only multi due to the setting time is a little longer ive read. Also how thick can i go in 2 skims with either product?

i appreciate your feedback

:)

Sponsored Links
i only really use multi mate dnt know why its just what i use you only want yor 2 coats to come up 3-4mm but i wouldnt go round with a ruler haha as long as you get it on and nice and flat and smooth you do fine. i dnt know how experienced you are but try nice long sweeps with the trowel if you cnt manage to lay it on in long sweeps try to flatten it with long sweeps and cross trowel it between trowels and after youve flattened it this will even the finish lovley.
good luck pal ;)

Hi jrplastering thanks for that will get multi finish reserved in b and q got offer if buy over 5 bags they 4.30 each local builders r 6 quid each. Im not a pro obviously but i have done my living room walls and bathroom ceiling bathroom ceiling bein latest and noticed its alot better than my beginner wall :) ok long sweeps it will be, doin a 3.5 mtr by 2.5 mtr wall tomoz evenin after work then another 3 walls plus ceiling lol. As a guide how long should i set myself for the first wall 3.5 x 2.5 mtrs? Doin ceilin fri only reason for not startin ceiling first is cos i wont b startin till late tomoz after wrk around 8pm lol nite shift on the plastering i reckon :) thx buddy

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back