Filling Ridge tile holes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just replaced felt on a roof and extended a dormer, BC have suggested using a dry ridge system to allow ventilation with the existing eaves vents. I purchased a dry ridge system and planning to fit this weekend.

What i am concerned about is all my existing ridge tiles have x2 holes in them from previous fixings which were ring shank ridge nails with foam washers, has anyone had this issue before and other than spending an unearthly amount on new ridge tiles what was the remedy for patching the holes long term?

Failing a patch i guess i can use external screws with foam washers as an additional fixing but cannot seem to find them locally, so any tips on this would be super useful.

Thanks ;)

Sponsored Links
A little squeeze of clear silicone would do the job into each hole and smooth with a wet finger or you can get these...

A little squeeze of clear silicone would do the job into each hole and smooth with a wet finger or you can get these...
Fair enough i was thinking some sealant then maybe a touch of muck over the top wasnt sure of the longevity of sealant, but thanks i will check out those pins ;)

Sponsored Links
If your putting a dry ridge kit on then silicone will be fine, the roll under the ridge tiles will form a run off for any tiny amounts that seep through past the sealant

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back