Filter on hotpoint aquarius WD440

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

We're having problems with our own WD440 (though this is the only second fault, the first one HP replaced with no quams)

Ive taken a photo of the back of our machine as we cant find the filter...
Would anyone be able to tell us where to look?

thanks.

Also Ive tried to run it on a rinse and spin cycle, when it comes to draining it just wont. :(

Sponsored Links
Nevermind, we were able to remove the herbie clip and clean out the filter. we think we have things back to normal now, doing a rinse and spin cycle atm. hopefully we wont have a flooded kitchen anytime soon...

thanks for all that looked.

hi, i have a wd440 and today it started playing up. the machine washes but when it comes to the rinse and spin it just wont. i am trying to empty the machine of all the water but i am not sure which pipe i need to disconnect to do this. can you help cheers

If it looks like the picture above, there should be a white plastic ring at the top (my oh said we should have taken pics while doing it..) of the black tube, which is called a herbie clip.

You just need to rub the middle bit of the clip and the top until its loose (about a minute or so of working it) and it will push apart and separate. Do not break, as clip is reusable.

Once that is done, pull off the black off hose and at that point you will see the filter. There might be a large golf ball sized ball in a basket (ours kinda flooded out) remove it and you will be able to clean out the filter.

Once cleared out, just reattach the black hose. Then use a adjustable pair of pliers or wrench to help reattach the herbie clip (white plastic clip) and press back until it wont go anymore (youll hear it click back into place)

Just a warning, if your machine hasnt drained, you might want to keep 5 or 6 towels handy to clean up the mess. Our kitchen is still a little slippery...

I hope this helps as this is what weve done.

Sponsored Links
hi its me again the white ring i need to remove is it the big one at the top or the smaller one to the other end thanks

Thanks, that worked for me too. Found some washing pads in the filter that were blocking it. Put all together again only to find the Golf Ball thingie rolling around the room after I'd cleaned everything up. Ahhh! Anyway got that back in too. First time in the back of a washing machine. Cool.

:D
I just wanted to post to say a huge THANK YOU!
You have saved me the usual £180 call out charge to fix my machine.
I relunctantly asked my husband to try your suggestion as I really didnt want to fork out for repairs and we both were chuffed to bits to hear the sound of the machine kick in.
Thanks again for taking the time to post to help others... so so kind of you.

I don't normally sign up to these web site forums however after reading the posts on here I felt I must; I was searching to see why my Hotpoint WD440 was leaking from the powder drawer when I came accross this site. I followed the instructions on here and checked the drum filter to find £3.76 in change, a plastic bag, hair clips, a button, a silver necklace, plus a pile of 'slop' wedged around the ball in the filter. Thanks for your help, I'v saved a fortune as we have had a couple of problems in the past 12 months with this model (new pump/new door), and the call out costs were adding up so the misses was looking at a new washing machine that she wanted for £320. So thanks for your help.......A good days work with a £3.76 profit. :eek:

Thanks for the post.

However, I just can't work out how to get the Herbie Clip off. Can anyone help?

Hi!

I hope people don't mind me resurecting an old thread but I am trying to fix this for my sister and I am a bit stuck. The drum in her machine is full with about 6 or 7 (guess) litres of water so I am worried that if I clip this off it will flood the place. Directly underneath the black tube there are wires and a very confined space so I am not sure how to get the water out.

I've taken a photo of the area so you can see it.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Prop the back up with a tin of bake beans then slide a washing up bowl under the filter to catch the water. Or put the waste pipe in a bucket to drain it off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back