final spin cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Maytag clothes washer ( Atlantis ) leaves clothes very wet and some soap suds wet after final spin and rinse cycle. Wash cycle spin works good. Checked water level switch, replaced belt and checked pump, tank and hoses for clogs. Has anyone experienced this problem? Please help.
Thanks Tom,

Sponsored Links
Is the machine not doing its final spin properly? I was going to suggest checking the motor brushes (I don't know anything about Maytag but I assume they're the same principle as most other machines).

You could try this which is a US site.

Washer runs through final rinse and spin cycle as normal. motor turns and seems to turn at the correct speed. After this cycle the wash is done but the clothes are wet and there is some soap suds in them also. After the wash spin cycle clothes are spin dry and all is well. I am thinking there is some water not being pumped out in the final spin. If it is a timer problem or some other control I am not sure.

Sponsored Links
breezer, Do you know something your not telling me? Is there a problem with Maytag in this area. Your right so far! It is a top loader.

sorry to dissapoint you, but in America, 99% of washers are toploaders, and you use cold water, but 50% of enquieries we get on this site from America are about maytag, the other 50% are about kenmore.

I used to work for a well known washer company, and i did work on top loaders, but they are different than yours so i can not help :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back