Find a Hot Water Shower Solution Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our thermostatic shower stopped being hot, all the taps throughout the house provide scorching hot water.

51699Exposed / Concealed Dual Control Thermostatic Mixer Shower Valve-

We bought a concealed thermostatic shower valve from yourselves and had it fitted by a plumber, the temperature has not improved, we then adjusted as instructed by your manual and it has made the water only a little warmer, it's as though the turn of the golden valve which we turned using the tap needs to turn even further but it doesn't.

We have now had our boiler serviced and all pipe work to the shower renewed with no success. We specially had an xtra Max glow worm ,boiler fitter so we have a hot water tank within the boiler to ensure we have enough hot water for a decent pressure shower.

Please can you advice how we can increase the water temperature so it is actually hot, we need to find a solution I'm hoping you can help.

Sponsored Links
Alex, I assume you have just copied and pasted the email you have sent to Toolstation complaining about their shower??

Not sure what you're asking as it's a generic shower you bought and no manual etc but I guess you want to know if there's anything else to try?

Your plumber really should going through all the possibilities for you -
  • Has your plumber tested that the hot water reaching the shower gets as hot as the taps do? This is just to confirm that it's the shower that's at fault.
  • Has your plumber also confirmed that the shower is being fed from a balanced supply?

I've solved it myself, spoke to manufacturer, calibrated the shower and it's now perfect.

Many thanks for your advice plus tool station were very helpful and gave me the technical dept for the shower Now it is sorted!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back