Find my valve!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My motorised valve needs replaced (I assume), I have a programmable timer with separate HW / CH which has worked fine in the past. However now when HW only is selected, rads come on as well.

So having done my Google research I set off to find the motorised valve.
Not in the hotpress
Not in the loft between hotpress and water tank
Not in the boiler house

Having seen pictures of them I would imagine they're not that hard to spot.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
A friend of mine has to take out the back of a kitchen cupboard to access the pump and valve.

As for your system, all I can suggest is to follow the flow pipe from the boiler and see where it goes.

i found a pump behind a kitchen cupboard in a wall last week, this was after cutting a hole in the newly decorated wall and lifting floor boards/moving wardrobes!

Sponsored Links
Just had a thought, there's a "false corner" kind of thing in the utility room where two sheets of ply box off the corner. This would be directly under the hotpress.
Hmmm now where are those xray specs so I don't have to demolish the thing to find out if I'm right.

Cheers for thr replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back