Finding someone without using FB.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How can you find someone you used to know without resorting to Facebook/Twitter or whatever, where people you don't want to meet may 'see' you?
Years ago there used to be something, think it was called The White Directory or something, which was a sort of search engine. Is there something like this available?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Freddy. Do I have to be registered on it to use it?

Skyboy, nothing creepy. Just an old friend I have lost touch with but don't want 'other' old friends to know I'm around.

Sponsored Links
Friends Reunited, cost me £45 or so 6yrs ago to find my daughter, if i had paid £80 or so it would have been in secret, they would have located her without making contact and reported back to me.

Thanks Pred.
Not that desperate to get in touch though! :LOL:
Just an old friend who I thought I'd try to contact while messing around on the PC.
Thanks anyway.

I've also tried finding mates on "forces reunited" & "service pals forum" also typed in the army school i attended in Singapore, that was useful.

Just ask Ecowarrior, he will probably know them!

Or just use 192.com but you need to pay for some searches.

If he was one of the few who discloses his BT number then their search will find him if you search each location in turn.

There was a voters list you could buy on CD before people were able to opt out. I had a copy but that is about 12 years out of date now!

Tony

If the person has ever paid national insurance they can be traced by applying to to the dept of work and pensions (or whatever they're called). Happened to me a few years ago, they wrote to me saying that soandso wanted to contact me and gave me their contact details.

Conny you can usually send a private message to someone on Facebook and no one else knows that you have sent it...its then up to that person to reply. He/she doesn't have to do the 'friends' thing they can reply to you via private messages and you can then communicate by private email if you prefer. I keep my 'friends' list private anyway so no one else sees it but me, maybe your friend does the same.

Sponsored Links
Back