Finishing Basement Brickwork - not damp especially

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. Looking for help. I live in a mid terrace house, with a semi-basement (sloping site). The basement wall has had the original 'finish' removed over 15 years ago - leaving the original bricks. The wall doesn't appear especially damp -certainly no drips of water - however the brickwork does need finishing. I suspect 15 years of exposed brickwork internally has allowed the wall to dry out, (while the air doesn't seem especially humid) so it seems common sense to try to use some form of breathable system to stop the wall gradually becoming damp again. Any thoughts? cheers

Sponsored Links
I'm thinking of just applying 'Limelite' plaster direct to the bricks. No S&C layers and/or Vandex BB75. My thinking is limelite allows some breathing, and no damp proof layer is required as wall is not especially damp..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back