fire doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, had the loft partially converted last year.....got to hang a few 1/2 Hr fire doors(heavy things aint they)....gonna have to cut them down...do i need to then router the edges back in to refit the plastic strip? also the door casings have the routed slot out,do they needs the fire strips fitting or is it just one or the other?
cheers
magico

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure if you're allow to cut the fire door down, best to ring the manufacter first for advice. They should fit into the standard size door frame.

why shouldn`t i be able to cut them to size m8?There solid doors mate

masona said:
I'm not sure if you're allow to cut the fire door down,
I didn't say you could or not :!:

I thinking the way the wax seal is bedded into the door and I'm not sure if you're allow to tamper them with.

Sponsored Links
the seals just push in or out m8,i saw a site on net where you can buy rolls of the stuff.
Any1 else got any ideas?

quite a bit mate,sides mainly but some top and bottom

Yes but you're still not telling me the internal sizes of the door frame :cry:

my mate says that you carnt partially convict a loft- its all or nothing and if you chop the door in half then itll invalidate the fire certification for the door - fire doors should come as sets with the frame unless test info says different

This is why I'm waiting to see what the internal frame sizes is, I have fitted many fire doors for old people rest home completed with frame plus the gap round the door must not be more than 2mm for the wax seal to melt to make it air tight. I know I called it wax seal but the real name is Fireplug Intumescent Strips.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back