firebird 9o

sg1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,i have a firebird 9o oil fired combi, just coming up to 6 years old (biggest load of **** ever invented), i had to drain the tank to fix a leak, (common occurance)now when i switch it to hot water the limit stat trips after 5 or 6 mins, the cental heating works fine and it worked fine before i drained the tank, ive obviously upset something, im wondering if it is pressure related, should i check the pressure in the pressure vessel and would that cause it to trip?, oil tank is full, its regulary serviced, and was working fine till i touched it,
any suggestions?????

Sponsored Links
This the one with two pumps? If so check pump working ok and also that you have bled all the air out of boiler.

yea two pumps, both working,bled boiler til water dribbled out (brass valve on top corner of boiler?) il try bleeding it again,its been off alll day so will slacken valve completely till i get a goood flow of water coming out.

Sponsored Links
You will find two or three vent points at various locations on tese boilers, it sounds as if you have air in the top of the primary store(tank) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back