firebird boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just got my firebird popular 90 oil boiler serviced, the first time in years now when the boiler starts up it makes a loud whoompf sound when it fires that it never made before it was serviced. Is this normal or should i call the engineer back

Sponsored Links
Get the Engineer back, it may be a faulty nozzle, poorly set Electrodes or the air/fuel adjustment could be out, these things do happen now and then so I'm sure he will be happy to return ;)

He told me he renewed the nozzle and he did a flue gas analyses and printed off a slip for me with all the figures on it, So prob could not be anything to do with them. i may get him back anyway.

He came back and told me firebird popular 90 boilers generally do make that sound on ignition and the reason for being louder now than before is that the burner was not serviced in years and the old nozzle was worn and the air/fuel ratio was out by a long way and now the burner is set up properly so there is nothing to worry about. Its a good healthy sound on the popular 90

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back