Firebird system 90 intermittent working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Oil fired boiler and my oil is supposed to be monitored so that I don't run out. But guess what..it did. Have had refill and had immense problems getting oil back to the boiler form the tank, but it does get there now. I have bled the system and the boiler fires up. However, if the room thermostat switches the system off it does not fire back up. The pump does not seem to "click on" after the fan goes round. If I leave it for say an hour in the off mode and then try again, it fires up. What do you think is the cause?

Sponsored Links
riello pumps can be awkward to bleed, maybe you aint bled it properly?
your prescription of the problem aint clear, will it run continuously say for 5 minutes, in which case your pump is bled. does the fan run and run and nothing happen??
:rolleyes:

What did you do to bleed the system? How old is it? What model number of burner is used?

The system will run for around an hour or more - which says to me that the system is bled correctly. The fan then runs and runs but no firing up!! It is like the thermostat has "clicked off" so that the pump does not run.

Sponsored Links
Oilman,

I used a small tap that I screw into the pressure gauge hole at the front of the pump. The system is only 18mths old and the burner details are RBL and a Riello RD3 Burner.

last one i had like this it was sol coil.... that was on an rdb burner.

so give us a clue, the burner model is.......... :cry:

Thanks willhelm,

Just as a matter of interest, when the oil ran out the system was not locked out (or at least the light did not come out). The sol coil seemed to be clicking alot trying to get the pump to work but obviously with no oil, the thing would not start. Any reason why the lockout light did not come on??

one of lifes mysteries, i guess.

im sure riello will know, but to be honest i couldnt be bothered to ask :LOL:

Thanks Willhelm.

Is the sol coil cylindrical with two wires (one red one brown) attached to the burner casing. It can be removed by unscrewing it ? it is white with Inco Sintex 45T written on it?

Thanks for all your help. The diagram was especiallyy useful.
Will let you know if it solves the problem.

Don't mess about with it, it will be under guarantee, ring Firebird.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back