Firefox utility

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon and happy easter..(or happy choc fest to the non religious like me!!)

Ive just installed firefox onto our laptop and I remember theres a small programme that allows you to be able to use the features like 'bold' quote' and font colour/size etc..when compiling a new thread on here or answering someone else's

Can smeone pooint me in the right direction as to where I can find it...cheers

[/b]

Sponsored Links
Zampa,

I remember theres a small programme that allows you to be able to use the features like 'bold' quote' and font colour/size etc..

Not sure what you mean about a program for Firefox, all the settings for

posting colored text

or big text are available just above the posting box.

Including bold

and italic

and underlined words and messages.

As these settings are site settings, I don't know what program would do it.

dave

Sponsored Links
Hi lads...dave I thought it was you that told me about it before...or is it something I need to tweak in the firefox settings?...

Watch what happens when I try and do a bit below using the buttons..

Bold

Colour

Underline

Font size

If I want to add an icon after something like this :confused: it notmally ends up below all the text

The other half of the code ie [g] ends up down the bottom of the page...thus causing the effects you see

On the last computer I had to do right click then select the intruction from a drop down menu

If I want to add an icon after something like this :confused: it notmally ends up below all the text

does that with me too, so i manualy type them in, the smileys i cut / paste. I also have FF

Zampa,
If you are wanting to type in bold, before you start the word, click the B button and type what you want in bold, then click the words
Close Tags and [/B] will appear to indicate where the bold type ends.
This also applies to italics and the underline options, as well as the Quote feature.

For the print size or colour, use the dropdown to select which colour you want or which size, and click on it. You will then get:

Click in between the two brackets, ][ and type what words you want in red.

The same applies for the size.
You do not need to click on 'Close Tags when using the size or colour choices as the end coding is just after where you have typed.

dave

Ok cheers dave lets give that a go...

bold

underline

red

Well cheers that seems to work just fine...i have never done it that way before..when I had IE used to highlight the word or sentence and then hit 'B' or 'U' etc...this isnt possible when you use firefox

I remember now..its something to do with the BBCode settings..and obviously nothing to do with any downloadable utilities etc...this is what allows you to right click and choose the feature from there

Cheers for the help chaps

I know what you mean.
On a lot of forums you can highlite the words and select what coding to apply to them but on here it is different. The coding only applies itself after the last letter or symbol typed.

To put a smilie in the middle of a line of words you have to click the smilie and it places the code on the next available line, so either copy and paste the code where you want it or place the cursor after the last word and keep pressing delete key to move the code up the page to where you want it.

dave

Cheers again chaps..

Two last question (for now!)

How do I do that 'trick' whenyou change the name of a link to...'see here' or 'click'

And...how do I add my own icons..ie different one to those featured on this site?

Thanks again....

Sponsored Links
Back