Fireproofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can some one confirm what i need to do to fireproof a ground floor area, regarding ceilings and staircase.Am i correct in thinking i need to double board with 12mm plasterboard with staggered joints then skim with multi finish.
The stairway i will stud to enclose and line both side, will it need double 12mm boards both sides? Or will single board plus skim be enough
I've been reading up Building Regs and to date have no reference to what i should use, Can anyone recommend a book along the lines of an idiots guide to building regs telling what materials to use etc, BUT IN PLAIN ENGLISH.
Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
you would do best to ring your local BCO. They will have to approve it so you may as well find out their preferences. Advice is freely given, especially if you ask before starting work.

12.5mm plasterboards and skim provide 1/2 hour fire resistance which is mandatory in domestic situations. if you require a greater degree of resistance then use fireline boards or double board.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back