First Harlow, now Bletchley

In which case, dummy, how can an increase of 58% be explained away by you saying that some of them are non racist/non plumber crimes?
Remember this is the percentage increase we are talking about.
What do you mean 'explained away'? I don't know why you're obsessed with the figure of 58%, I never mentioned it.

Sponsored Links
Please show us a few examples where you claim I have always said that.

You have no reason to claim that. It is a fiction you have made up.

I suggest you look up "Whataboutery"

It's a very common trick used by internet arguers.
You have on more than one occasion tried to catch me out, for example when we were talking about animal cruelty and the religious slaughter houses. Please don't try and play innocent. You made sure you made a point that I wasn't going to talk about Halal only even though it wasn't needed.

So why don't you ever write anything other than Brexit related stuff if you're so keen to report on crimes rising, crimes that the UK didn't have too much of before? It's all the same, the rise of crimes regarding to race, religion and ignorance.

Is that a case of 'icantbearsedism'?

This is where you attempted to trivialise and explain away the percentage increase by saying that some of the increase was due to crimes that have nothing to do with race or nationality (e.g. disability / sexuality hate crimes)

Percentage increases don't work like that.

Since the referendum it is 3215 more reports compared with 2015. Subtract the 20% year-on-year increase in reporting (that has been consistent since 2012) and it becomes 1256 cases. Subtract the number that have nothing to do with race or nationality (e.g. disability / sexuality hate crimes) and it shrinks further. Subtract the number due to raised awareness of the reporting portal through media coverage, and it will shrink to trivial proportions. Haters gonna hate.

Sponsored Links
I fear your imagination is leading you astray and you are saying things that are not true. Please show us a few examples where you claim I have always said that.

So that's a "no" then.

This is where you attempted to trivialise and explain away the percentage increase by saying that some of the increase was due to crimes that have nothing to do with race or nationality (e.g. disability / sexuality hate crimes) Percentage increases don't work like that.
A fixed percentage of this year's (larger) figures is still greater than the same percentage of last year's (smaller) figures. Fortunately they only account for about 0.2% of cases so it is a moot point. Raised awareness will be a far greater factor in skewing the figures.

Last edited:
But I wonder why, as JohnD always seems to say that it's wrong to focus on just one part of a story or a group, why JohnD isn't also upset with the rise of other crimes? Like honour crime or FGM? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33424644
I'm not belittling or trivialising these sorts of crimes.
But there is no mention of these crimes rising in the article.
That is your assumption and diversionary tactics.

I'm not belittling or trivialising these sorts of crimes.
But there is no mention of these crimes rising in the article.
That is your assumption and diversionary tactics.
Really? It's not on the rise huh?

The UK wasn't really a country that had to concern itself with something like FGM was it? Is that why we never needed facts and figures before do you think? I mean, it wasn't even made illegal until recently, I wonder why? Hmmm.. stick your thinking cap on Himmy.

Not on the rise. Tut tut Himmy.

And by the way, the hate crime since Brexit has almost gone back to the level it was pre-brexit. Lets hope this trend continues. Oops, is that too positive?

Last edited by a moderator:
No! Not according to the article, despite your assertion that it is.
You deliberately being thick today Himmy? Take your head out of JohnD's backside again please and actually read what I wrote.

I'm fully aware of what you wrote, and I fully stand by my responses.
It's pretty clear Blightymam is using the last several decades as his time period in which these things increased, whereas you are using a more recent period. Come now, boys, let's not be disingenuous! There are more fun ways for us to troll each other :sneaky:

Is Bloatymoan an abusive plumber?

Should she be banned from posting insults?

I'm fully aware of what you wrote, and I fully stand by my responses.
Then your response is wrong.
The article doesn't mention on the rise, however if you actually think, yes, think Himmy, there is a reason now why FGM is a problem. It's 'on the rise' because of the diverse culture that Britain now is (and multicultralism I like btw). The amount of people who practice FGM has risen in the UK, so yes, it's on the rise.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/apr/30/female-genital-mutilation-england-fgm-girls
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...land-reported-every-109-minutes-a6854911.html
http://www.figo.org/news/fgm-cases-rise-uk-0015104" - "The UK has still not fully woken up to the true scale of this extreme violence and we need to ensure that every girl at risk is protected as a matter of urgency."
justcopyright.gif

It's scary, as scary as any hate crime that JohnD talks about.

Is Bloatymoan an abusive plumber?

Should she be banned from posting insults?

So why don't you ever write anything other than Brexit related stuff if you're so keen to report on crimes rising, crimes that the UK didn't have too much of before? It's all the same, the rise of crimes regarding to race, religion and ignorance.

Is that a case of 'icantbearsedism'?
And you yet again did not address my post, was it too difficult for you, or not interesting because it wasn't about Brexit?
Instead you are content in calling me a name. So is it you that needs to be banned because you posted an insult then JohnD? Practice what you preach.

Sponsored Links
Back