First one thing, then another

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You may have seen my post from earlier this week about the brake lights (or lack of them) on my '52 plate fiesta. This is now fixed but in the heavy rain showers we had yesterday i discovered that the rear wiper is now not working - don't think this is directly as a result of the brake light problem but suppose it could be??

Anyway, the wiper still works when i use the washers on the rear window and it also works when i've got the front wipers on and i put the car in reverse - so it's not the wiper motor, but when i pull the stalk to turn the rear wiper on, i get nothing.

Does this sound like i need a new wiper stalk on the steering column?

Sponsored Links
check the wires in the rear hatch,the rubber boot a lot of fords have problems here because of the wires are pulled tight and the snap.

gregers - if the problem was wires to the boot though, would the wiper still work no the automatic functions i.e. with the washer and when in reverse with front wipers on? Does it have seperate wires for these functions than from the manual on/off switch.

Sponsored Links
dunnobut when the wires in my mk1 galaxy went the rear wiper was doing all sorts of wierd things,just an idea m8 and worth a look.

Ok cheers gregers, the rear wiper has actually started working again now so if it packs in again i'll start some deeper investigative work.

Back