fit a usa chandelier to Uk electrics

If the latter you can buy an inline 230-110v converter, will look like a wall wart (transformer plug) or a lead with a box in the middle like a laptop power supply.

but a laptop wont draw as much current as a couple of lamps will. )so it may not be that easy to find one of the correct rating)

also

The US Edison Screw (for screw-in lamps) is not quite the same size as the European one. ...............

Don't know the measurements, but I know theirs is not the same as ours.

perhaps put a candle in each lampholder instead

Sponsored Links
but a laptop wont draw as much current as a couple of lamps will. )so it may not be that easy to find one of the correct rating)

unless you follow the 1st page of google and turn up something like this

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I did say
so it may not be that easy to find one of the correct rating)

I didnt say that you will never fid one did I.

But it doesnt solve the point raised by JohnD

The US Edison Screw (for screw-in lamps) is not quite the same size as the European one. ...............

Don't know the measurements, but I know theirs is not the same as ours.

it also looks like it will need rewiring, it seems to be metal with only 2 cores. looks like the candles may be a good option, but again as John D said
photo! photo! photo!

i cant seem to get a photo loaded up, ill try again tomorrow. Really appreciate the advice.Ive put a note on website 'rated people' to see if there is a tradesman in my area that can work on it. Wish I had came on here before i bought it!!! The guy I bought it off of says there is only two wires for connection and the lamp is a screw in 125v!!!

Hi ..sjmmccue
how did you get on with your US-UK conversion? ? I nearly bought a light from the States today too! Before I bid thought I'd see how difficult it is and to try to locate someone to give me a price to rewire if nec but so far no joy...and then I came across your forum..So, if you have the time to let me know I'd be very interested to find out how you got on. Regards

do you have a picture of the light you want adapted preferably showing the lampholders

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back