Fit Bath Mixer Taps to Basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fit some mixer taps with a shower head attachment to the basin in my utility room. Of course the existing taps are connected via 1/2 ich and the new ones 3/4. Can I use some sort of 1/2 - 3/4 converter (it's all plastic pipe) and will that work OK. The tanks are all in the loft and we have an Evo HE condensing boiler.

Sponsored Links
i don't think bath taps will fit into a basin, they are 7" centres to suit bath, but i'm sure basin centres are further apart, IF you get taps centres that match you will be able to fit 3/4" FI x 15mm tap adaptors to the taps which will reduce down to 15mm copper, and with a bit of luck the existing 15mm nuts will be the same and fit straight on to the adaptors.

Thanks, Kirkgas. Bit of a probem with terminology, I meant sink, not basin. The distances between centres is the same so it sounds like this should be OK. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back