Fit Hive to Viessmanne Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
this is my first time in a forum, please forgive me if im doing something wrong
I am hoping to install my hive to a Viessmann combi, which has a wireless thermostat, I have looked in the boilers electrics and I can see the L'N'E, then next to it, is that loop.
would I be right in thinking the following
Fit a SFS with 5amp fuse
Fit Receiver L & N & E to the Boiler L & N & E
Take out the loop,which is next to it and fit the 1 Com & Heat on, where the loop has been
also I would imagine it has some sort of integrated wireless receiver , how would I disconnect that to ensure it does not override Hive, unless I don't have to course. be good if you could confirm in easy terms for me, im only a joiner you see thank you

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/conversations/fit-hive-to-viessmann-combi-boiler.33874/#ixzz5VWH3LbLD

Sponsored Links
First question is why Hive? I goggled and found this report which seems to say Viessmanne supports opentherm, so there seems no point in fitting any thermostat which does not support opentherm.

Hive is a cheap nasty thermostat which will not integrate with many systems, just can't understand why you would want to fit it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back