Fitting 2 way valve ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a fairly old ,but perfectly working gravity pumped system, and would like to fit a 2 way valve to control the hot water cylinder from becoming too hot.

The cylinder is contained in the upstairs airing cupboard, and I intend fitting the valve unit in the short length of horizontal 22mm tube to the internal coil before it right angles down through the ceiling to the kitchen mounted condensing conventional boiler,

As I need to cut this piece of tubing to fit the valve would there be any water in it if the system is switched off and had not been heated up for two days.

Thanks vectraguy

Sponsored Links
If you ask such a basic question as that i would suggest you get someone in to do job . Of course there would be water there ,where do think it would go :rolleyes:

Well namsag you didn't let me down, because even as I was typing the post I thought some one is going to say a typical comment, that unfotunately seems to prevail a lot on this forum based on my reading.

I have no intention of getting someone in to do the job, as it's a simple cut and screw in the valve, and my thinking which was obviously wrong was that with the boiler being shut down and no flow occuring the water would gravitate down to a lower level than the rather high point that I proposed placing the valve.

Ok it's a drain job, no problem.

vectraguy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back