Fitting 4 halogen spotlight bar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a 4 halogen bulb spotlight bar and the instructions say to fix each of the wires from my supply into the live, neutral & earth connectors on the spotlight fitting. The problem is that when I removed my old ceiling rose I have 2 cables coming from the ceiling each with one of each (live, neutral & earth). I am sure the instructions would not work so I need to know how to wire all of these cables into the single connector on the new spotlight. I neee help!!

Sponsored Links
Of course we can only guess but likely if you connect the two red (or if new colours brown) together but do NOT connect these to lights and put black with red sleeve (or blue with brown sleeve) to Line and black (blue) to neutral and both earths to earth connection it should all work.

A standard ceiling rose not only connect lamp but is also a junction box and British lamps as a result normally have an extra blank connection to take the "Loop" wires. However grey imports often have this extra connection missing and you need to add a junction box to replace the ceiling rose.
The maintenance free type are often small enough to push through hole that wires come out of but because often clipped just by hole it can be a fiddle and I know some just use a block connector. Not really correct as anyone removing floor boards could by accident touch wires so you need to make up your mind on how to do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back