fitting 900 hob onto units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have ordered a kitchen and intend to fit myself. I used to do bathrooms so quite handy but i cant get my head around how i will fit the 900mm hob i have ordered.

The units sit each side of the double under oven which is 600mm. You normally have to have a 50 mm gap for heat, so the only way i can see to deal with this is to cut a section out of the units each side to accomodate.

Am i missing something or is this the only way?

Sponsored Links
All depends upon the depth of the hob really. Some modern hobs only have a depth of 40mm (from where it sits on the worktop) and so will fit perfectly over the adjoining units.

The units sit each side of the double under oven which is 600mm. You normally have to have a 50 mm gap , where?

Ok let me try a different question. I don't want to buy expensive items and find they don't fit. My problem as i see it.

I have units that are 720mm tall. The double under oven is 717mm. The back of the oven is 711mm - 6mm lower than the front of the oven. This seems to be pretty standard.

I have a granite worktop which is 30 mm thick.

All ceramic hobs are around 50-55mm thick.The one i am looking at 40mm sits below surface.

Now as i see it i have 6mm from the top of the oven to the bottom of the granite. Add the width of the granite gives me 36mm. I need 40mm as this is the depth of the oven. You are also supposed to have a 40mm air gap!

How is it possible to have a double oven with a hob above anyone got any ideas. What am i missing?

Sponsored Links
Where have you measured the oven height from ?

I just did my kitchen and the built in double oven was full height at the FRONT obviously to fill the oven unit up from top to bottom, but was 30mm lower just 15mm back allowing an air gap (my hob was 50mm deep and I used 40mm solid oak worktops so was left with a 20mm air gap)

ignore last post, just re-read you post and seen height at the back, doing the maths you seem to have 2 choices, a deeper worktop or lower the oven and pack out at the top !

We are now getting two single ovens side by side (600mm each). The 900 hob will sit between these. We are having 30mm granite and the back of the ovens is a pretty standard 575mm high.

Can you forsee any problems with the depth with regards to it actually fitting in and heat problems that will stop the induction working.

I may still have to have a normall hob but lets hope not!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back