Hob Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Most Kitchen suppliers sell kitchen units to fit below Hobs. Is there any reason why I could not fit a 600mm hob unit in the work top above the join of a 300mm and 900mm corner unit. As the hob unit is deeper than the work top I would have to cut around 15mm into the top of the joining sides of the 2 units but apart from this any reasons why this should not be done.

Sponsored Links
Cannot see any real reason why this can't be done.

If the hob is going into a run, it might look a bit odd placed near the end.

If you have to cut 15mm. to clear the bottom of the hob, you should take a bit more out, I know gas hobs get pretty hot, not too sure about electric.

Won't be near the end of a run but will be in the middle. Just so happens that I have a 450 mm space between two 925 mm corner units and want to put the hob above this space - centre of the end of the kitchen against an outside wall as I want to fit an external extractor to a hood. It will be an a ceramic electric hob.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back