Fitting a bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am to fit a bath to where a shower has been. The thing is it has all been tiled. I know the baths should be screwed to wall and then tiled to bath, but has anyone worked this before and how best to go about it. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
It is possible to fit the bath to a wall that's already tiled, but there's usually quite a generous radius on the edge of the tub that will leave an awkward gap to fill. Sometimes quadrant tiles or trims can be useful to cover that gap.

If the bath is supposed to fit into a corner, Sodd's law says that corner will be nowhere near a right angle when you offer the tub up to it, so you end up with a truely massive gap somewhere.

Can you set the bath height to match a grout line, then remove one row of tiles to fit the bath?

I once cut a line along a row of tiles with a diamond disk in an angle grinder, then removed the lower halves of the tiles to leave a groove for the edge of the tub to sit in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back