fitting a bathroom sink without the stand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK so when I went to pick up my sink and stand for it; the stand broke and I now only have the sink

Can i fit this to the wall on its own and will it withstand the weight without the support of the stand?
If so how do I know what hight to fix it to for when I find a stand at a later date?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Who broke the stand/pedestal? You or the supplier/delivery person?

Don't fit it without a pedestal.

I am not disagreeing with you but why is it that some basins do not need a pedestal?

At home I fitted Villeroy & Boch basin that only relies on two bolts to fix it to the wall (it was fixed to 18mm plywood- from memory, I think I ran a batton behind it).

In what way are the pedestal basins different?

Sponsored Links
Most pedestal basins don't tend to have such a thick back section and the holes are only really setup to take securing screws. Half pedestal or free floating basins tend to have thicker/heavier back plate construction with larger holes to take the wall anchors and plastic asymmetric shims with the nuts/washers, that allows it to hang from the anchors on its own.

Most pedestal basins don't tend to have such a thick back section and the holes are only really setup to take securing screws. Half pedestal or free floating basins tend to have thicker/heavier back plate construction with larger holes to take the wall anchors and plastic asymmetric shims with the nuts/washers, that allows it to hang from the anchors on its own.

Thant make sense, many thanks.

though I would share with you what I bough so you can see if you think it would be strong enough without the pedalstool stand

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Use a well built vanity unit and cut a section out of the top that the basin would sit in.
one that is allready built; Good idea! But I paid next to nothing for the sink and finding a WBV as the same price as the sink will be hard to come by. So making one up or just get another sink with the stand

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back