fitting a claw foot bath

Sponsored Links
Nope, waste should be the same as any other 40mm variant, usually chrome overflow etc so you'll probably be looking to fit a chrome trap. Make sure the customer has made the tiler aware that there will be a freestanding bath with claw and ball feet. He will need to make sure the tiles are suitable and are packed accordingly to ensure there are no air gaps etc as the point loading of the full bath will be quite high.

Hi ,

Thanks for you reply I was looking at install instructions online looked like you have make a trap up with the pipe under floor,

Good point about the tiles (will be me tiling)

Couldn't see any instructions. That being said, no issue there to plug it into a remote trap. Chrome pipe straight down through the floor, immediate bend then add in a running trap to the main waste, if you have the space. If not then a HEPvO should do the job.

Sponsored Links
Yup, apart from part 3 where it mentions the gold/chrome shallow traps. Going by the MI tho, they're basically sections of pipe made up to create a large trap. Lots of ways then to install it. Depends on the space under the floor, orientation to the main waste etc
Lay the tiling in such a way that you can create access, always best where compression is concerned. Recess holes on a tile, use matching coloured caps and create a movable tile trap door for access. The future plumber and customer will thank you for it.

Hi,

Thanks again , I been thinking about it I'm sure the joists run 90 degrees to bath so unless I stick waste though joists which I dont fancy it's going have go surface and boxed in

setofmugs bathstore are a pita whenever you need spares , they will treat you like a queen when buying stuff but afterwards they don't give a shyte :rolleyes: .
also keep a couple of tiles to be on the safe side ( or tell customer to keep ) .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back