Fitting a close coupled toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently planning to replace my old toilet with a close coupled toilet.My problem is that the wastepipe from my wash basin to the soil stack is at a height that stops my new toilet being placed flush to the wall and so has to be moved..(it actually doesnt look like a plumber fitted it).
Has anyone any ideas on how to reroute it, i cant go up with it so it has to be lowered..as i see it id have to put in a new entry point to the soil stack (which i dont really want to do) or i have seen a pan connector for the toilet that has a 32mm adaptor on it...is this a good idea??
I am attempting to attach some pics

Sponsored Links
think it is my description...the pan connector is 110mm but it also has a 32mm adaptor ....which is obviosly meant for another connection...what am asking is.....is it ok to connect the waste water pipe to the 32mm adaptor on the pan connector....?

Sponsored Links
wignnwuk said:
i have seen a pan connector for the toilet that has a 32mm adaptor on it...is this a good idea?
This is sometimes the only practical solution, and it works, so there's no reason why you shouldn't do it.

HaHa....defo my description was dodgy....having no experience it crossed my mind that the waste from the toilet might shoot up into my sink.....i am trying to think of everything.....whoever fitted it originally was a cowboy...all the d.i.y manuals ive read are all best case scenario...

well it would be more likely that your sink waste will fill the loo as it is lower

:)

good point well put.....am thinking cos they make them it isnt an issue............or is it? i appreciate ur answers!

well it would be more likely that your sink waste will fill the loo as it is lower

A sink is in the Kitchen, A basin is in the Bathroom :mad:
Sorry just one of my pet hates
:rolleyes:

thanx...im none the wiser now...why would they make them if that happens....or u just taking the p*ss?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back