fitting a negative head shower pump???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'm a carpenter and have just completed my loft conversion. I have some plumbing skills but I've never fitted a negative head shower pump before. My cylinder is on the first floor and the CWS is in the loft. I have a negative head twin salamander pump and a surrey flange as suggested. I've read that I need a separate cold water feed to the pump (rather than the supply to the cylinder) but I'm not sure about the hot water supply. Theres no room on the floor of the airing cupboard for the pump so its either got to go on a shelf above the cylinder or in the loft (in a cupboard next to the CWS). If it goes into the loft, can I tee off the expansion pipe that comes through into the loft from the cylinder?

Thanks in advance, Tony. :D

Sponsored Links
The Surrey Flange has a dip tube for the shower take-off, the expansion pipe takes off from the top of the flange.
Taking off from the expansion pipe risks air getting to the pump. Not a good idea.

Sponsored Links
What do you think the Surrey flange is for?

Andy

As I said, I'm not a plumber. Thats why I was asking advice. :)

I have now realised the use and importance of the surrey flange as seen on this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nflnMFlBZB4)

I shall do as the video says and connect the hot water via the side outlet.

Cheers all!

Hmm, 2 minutes and 51 seconds.
It took me less than 30 seconds to explain it to you in my post above.

What a waste. 30 seconds out of my life I'll never see again. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back