fitting a new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my house (two bed terraced) is needing new central heating. It will be gas. After reading a previous thread I have established that a condensed boiler may be required. Is this correct (a friend of mine fitted a system with a non condensed combi in Jan `05, was he wrong to do this? :eek: ).

Also does a Corgi man have to fit the required boiler, or can it be fitted by a competent person in their own home :?:

Sponsored Links
The regulations requiring condensing boilers to be installed (with a few exemptions) applied from April 1st 2005. The boiler can be fitted by a competent person if not being paid to do so (e.g. DIY), but otherwise must be Corgi registered. "Competent" is not clearly defined, but I think means competent to carry out such an installation.

ok. fine in my situ..my friend who fitted a non condensing boiler pre april 05..must be ok to?
+++++++++++++++++++++++
and as he has fitted this already (up and running no probs) does this have to be certified in any way, or my to be inslalled one (in the event of slling house)
ps...spell check useful
++++++++++++++++++++

or not..............slling????.....selling :oops:

++++++++++++++++++++

Moderator, I did digest most of the rules and regarding 10a,

Evidently not ;)

I felt I was responding to info received rather than adding to the original post.
Any certification. req ?
thanks ;)

draw a line, or do as most do, use quotes

this post has some examples

please note 10a

Sponsored Links
i`m confused :confused: and i bit :oops:
oneofmylegsisboththesame said:
ok. fine in my situ..my friend who fitted a non condensing boiler pre april 05..must be ok to?
+++++++++++++++++++++++
and as he has fitted this already (up and running no probs) does this have to be certified in any way, or my to be inslalled one (in the event of slling house)
ps...spell check useful
++++++++++++++++++++

or not..............slling????.....selling :oops:

++++++++++++++++++++

Moderator, I did digest most of the rules and regarding 10a,

Evidently not ;)

I felt I was responding to info received rather than adding to the original post.
Any certification. req ?
thanks ;)

draw a line, or do as most do, use quotes

this post has some examples

please note 10a

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back