Fitting a roll out Dry Hip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I'm going to retrofit my hip tiles with one of the roll out dry hip systems available, rather than rebedding with mortar.

The hip tiles will be replaced with new ones. My main question is: is the Manthorpe roll out system OK in terms of quality - it's a bit cheaper than the others (Klober, Hambleside Danelaw, Marley...) but roofingsuperstore.co.uk tell me this is mainly as they are not such an established brand. I have to buy 7 kits in total so the difference in price adds up to about £200 for the whole job.

Manthorpe themselves have been pretty helpful when I phoned them for some technical advice. The roof has Russell Derwent tiles which have quite a deep profile, but they tell me if I keep the hip roll not quite tight when fitting it, it should fit the profile easily. Anyone have any experience of using the roll out system with a deep profile roof tile?

Finally, what should I use at the junction of the ridge and hips (3 way junction) Is a Flashband cap OK or should I be looking at an apex cap tile?

Lot of questions I know - just looking for some advice before pulling the trigger on the purchase of the materials

Sponsored Links
I have used this kit and others they all look similar to me, you don't need a special tile for the junction but it would be wise to buy a few extra ridge as you will probably do it better the second time.

Sponsored Links
the fiber glass with hip fast comes is shorter sections with the klober its 3m long so its a faster install

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back