fitting a shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have removed a danaged shower tray which is 1200x800 it is on a solid timber base but there seems to be some sort of resin that was fitted below the tray which i assume was for levellin the tray but im not sure wat this resin is and where to buy it any idea's please

Sponsored Links
What type of tray do you have? this will dictate what you can use on the base.
What do the mi say?
Pete

i think its a acylic resin tray which is a flat tray not the 1 with feet

Is it heavy and does it have an oily residue on it?
If so you usually bed them in a cement mix however I have seen may held in place with pink grip fill adhesive.
Pete

Sponsored Links
Regardless of what the guys used before to bed the tray down ( Probably Gripfill or similar ), you really shouldn't use it again. Follow the manufacturers instuctions and use a weak mortar bed ( with anti crumbling additive ) on a marine ply base. This will allow greater tweaking over levelling, and will also, like a floor tile, give maximum support with out hollow spots.

However... I once spoke to Just Trays about using a thick bed rapid set flexable tiling adhesive instead. They told me this is probably a better material to use providing the bed is within its thickness range. It cost a bit more but at least it sets quicker.

thanks guys for your advice yes the tray weighs a ton im sure the cement or watever it is is to make sure of a perfect level thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back