fitting a shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it allowed under the new regs, for me to fit my own shower in stall all the pipe work fit the shower unit and run the cable to the consumer unit but get a sparky to wired it to the fuse. I'm a builder who is now to ill to work so wondering what im allowed to do myself to keep the costs down. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thats not really the way it works but if you know a registered electrician who will let you run the cable in under the 'donkey work' part of the install and he does all the connections then it may be possible. Particularly with him being able to inspect the full run and having specified the cable.

Its a new circuit, and the shower is in a bathroom, so your electrician needs to be "Part P" registered as he will have to notify the work as having been done by him/her.

If you don't know a registered electrician, there's a handy list here

www.electricsaferegister.co.uk

Sponsored Links
Great thanks. So i will fit the shower do the plumbing and get a part p to run the cable in himself so he can verify its 10.5mm and he knows its installed correct and can notify the local authority. Sounds the best way, keeps him right and me right. Cheers guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back