Fitting a sink.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need to fit a small sink in my bedroom (cold supply only), just would like
to know if I can attempt trying to fit it myself?

the way I thought was, run a copper pipe from the big tank in the attic, run it down the wall straight into the tap in my room... or have I missed something?

what do you think, worth attempting myself or call bob?

Sponsored Links
If you plan to brush your teeth use colad mains not stored water. There is also a mains in your loft.

Tee off the pipe supplying your cold water tank.

Make sure there is adequate drainage i.e a gully or stack nearby.

Should be straightforward. :D

Sponsored Links
thanks, nice little confidence boost!

So I unscrew the pipe and another 3-way splitter?
anyone have a guide I can follow, still unsure what to do really... dont wanna flood my house, lol.

here some pics...

Like this?

yes and it will be using it to drink from and brush my teeth :)

i am ****ed off....

week off...so at home tiling the kitchen (1 tile splashback type thing)...but i cant find/remember what colour paint i used on the walls and i therefore cant touch it up..arggggg (2nd trip to b and q so far !!)

15mm is the size u need (i take it ur mains water, where u pointed at is 15mm...it looks it)

JPC said:
15mm is the size u need (i take it ur mains water, where u pointed at is 15mm...it looks it)

thanks for that, I did measure the pipe and its just over 2cm.

are you sure its 15MM ?

could be i measured it wrong

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back