Fitting a toilet to the waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently doing up our bathroom and the new toilet is to be up against a vanity unit. The current toilet waste goes into the floor. Luckily there is plenty of room for the waste and the cabinet. I'm just unsure what waste pipe to get. I'm thinking I need a flexi pipe for ease. Would it just go into the floor mount or do I need something different?
Many thanks
20230928_093151.jpg

20230928_093232.jpg
20230928_092559.jpg

Sponsored Links
Flexi waste is the way to go, where the main waste is in situ.

Blup

Thank you. The pipe sticking out the floor has a rubber seal on the outside rim whereas the flexi pipe seems to just push inside. Does the flexi still push in the same way with this pipe? Do I keave that rubber lip on?
Thanks

pic one is the cabinet for the toilet, is that in location? Where's the soil outflow that's in pic 2?

Remove the current pan connector, does that black rubber seal and adapter lift off, if so what's below?

You do also need to be careful and take note about that plug and socket, if it's in the bathroom.

Sponsored Links
pic one is the cabinet for the toilet, is that in location? Where's the soil outflow that's in pic 2?

Remove the current pan connector, does that black rubber seal and adapter lift off, if so what's below?

You do also need to be careful and take note about that plug and socket, if it's in the bathroom.
Nah, that's at the top of the stairs until after I've tiled.
The soil outflow sits inside the toilet by a few centimetres so the toilet will fit flush against the unit (front panel still to go on). I may have to slightly adjust the bottom of the unit to fit around the pipe coming up from floor.
I will look at pipe once home from work.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20230928_093238.jpg
    20230928_093238.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 12
Ok. It is indeed an inner sleeve so it looks like I can just use the old sleeve and push the new waste in or hopefully I can get a new sleeve and use afresh.

Attachments

• 20230929_101118.jpg
    20230929_101118.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230929_101125.jpg
    20230929_101125.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 15

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back