fitting a valve to flexi hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Helpers, ive bought a new basin tap, one end of the flexi hose is thredded into tap other end looks like 15mm nut ( with a rubber washer inside) would I be able to connect a straight valve to it if I take one of the nuts off the valve ? or what fitting could I get to fit the hose to an open ended 15mm copper pipe Thanks P M

Sponsored Links
The threads will be the same so you can give that a go.
However...I've come across this one before and I couldn't understand what was happening because I just couldn't get a perfect seal. This was because the opening of the isolator was tapered to accept the olive - naturally- but it was biting too hard on the rubber washer causing it to distort. :eek:
I think I sorted it by using a male coupler instead (a good while ago) which had a flat end, rather than a tapered one, and thence to the isolator.
It may not be an issue for you though...I just thought I'd relate it!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back